COMMENTS FROM "YOUR BLACK WORLD

Omar Ricks
Thanks for posting this. The news media needs to stop making the suffering of Black people invisible, and this article helps bring the routineness of prison violence
against Black people to light, when otherwise it would have stayed buried just like those boys. One thing I would challenge in this article is the phrase "even raped" in the
first paragraph. By saying "even," it seems like the author is unintentionally talking about rape as though it is surprising to know that it did happen to Black boys. At the
risk of being too straightforward, let me say that at this point in our history, nothing should really surprise us. They've done it all and they've done it to all of us. We know
that anything can happen to any of us anywhere at any time. Even murder, even rape, even abuse, etc. None of it should surprise us. Thank you again.
Reply · 36 ·  · December 11 at 1:48pm

Kit-Bacon Gressitt · Writer at At my desk
Thanks for pointing out the issue with "even"!
Reply · 2 ·  · December 11 at 8:11pm

Luci Ryan · Wyncote, Pennsylvania
Omar and others, please see the documentary entitled Hidden Colors 2. It will blow you away. Whites have dominated and controlled the media historically. The 4
producers of Part 2 exposes it all. Also view Hidden Colors Part 1. Excellent expose.
Reply · 4 ·  · December 12 at 6:29am

Donald Eyermann ·  Top Commenter · CEO & President at Eyermann Design Studio, Inc.
WOW! This needs national media attention and prosecution of anyone living who was part of this "School" administration...including secretaries and office workers!
Reply · 13 ·  · December 11 at 2:02pm

Roger Harris
What is done in darkness will eventually come to light... Just a confirmation of this fact here.
Reply · 11 ·  · December 11 at 1:48pm

Trina-Ramona Jackson ·  Top Commenter
Just to be fair to recent employees of the school, the abuse reports and suspicious deaths were between the 1940's and 1960's. None of those employees were there
when the school closed in 2011. In fact the closing was due to funding issues not abuse charges. That being said, a thorough investigation of what happened needs to
be done
Reply · 6 ·  · December 12 at 5:22am

Christian Haas Washington · North Lauderdale, Florida
EXAMPLE OF FLORIDA.
Reply · 6 ·  · December 11 at 4:21pm

Trina-Ramona Jackson ·  Top Commenter
Example of juvenile justice, not Florida.
Reply · 1 ·  · December 12 at 5:24am

Elaine Clemons · Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
EXAMPLE OF CRACKERS
Reply · 5 ·  · December 12 at 11:12am

V.Marie Moore ·  Top Commenter · Jacksonville, Florida
FLAW-ida, FLAWIDA
Reply ·  · December 13 at 9:48pm

Omar Ricks
@David Halladay-- I agree with Shirley, and will add that the burden of proof is on the state of florida and the USA to prove that this is NOT racist, not on Black people to
prove that it is.
Reply · 5 ·  · December 11 at 4:30pm

David Halladay ·  Top Commenter · The Fix-it Fairy at The Fix-it Fairy
absolutely. But before I cast judgement I would like to know if it was against young boys in general. And it will be interesting to see if they even look at how the boys died
...
Reply · 2 ·  · December 11 at 4:57pm

Rachel Thelmas ·  Top Commenter
This is unbelievable and downright sickening. Such a sad story.
Reply · 4 ·  · December 11 at 1:40pm

Angela DonDiva Thompson · University of Detroit Mercy
Doesn't even surprise me smh!
Reply · 3 ·  · December 11 at 12:21pm

Snow Whyte · Indianapolis, Indiana
Smh so sad
Reply · 2 ·  · December 11 at 11:54am

Willian Rodrigues · Ribeirão Prêto
Dear brothers,
Here in Brazil where we blacks make up 60% of brazilian population the law system has been hard with us too. In 2010 30,000 young males died due to street violence
and 74% were black at the age ranging from 15 to 29 years old.
Reply · 5 ·  · December 12 at 6:50am

Rahiem Shabazz · C.E.O. at Rasha Entertainment · 1,048 subscribers
This is not the first time a grave site was discovered where bodies of African-Americans were buried. Hopefully, this investigation is not swept under the rug by some
political scandal or entertainment fodder.
Reply · 1 ·  · December 12 at 5:29am

David Halladay ·  Top Commenter · The Fix-it Fairy at The Fix-it Fairy
I want to know how many white students they find and what was the ratio of students there. I do not want to see it turned in a race thing that it does not have to be. If it is
racial, then yes, but if it is child abuse and the ratios show that, lets prosecute it for what it is. If it is racial, lets go after them for that.
Reply · 1 ·  · December 11 at 3:42pm

Pat Gardner · John R. Rogers High School
I totally agree with Omar nothing should shock us! when Katrina hit my family in Texas said corpse s were floating all over because there's only one cemetery for blacks,
I've seen the cemetery when I was younger and I asked my mom why I could see the casket sticking out of the ground? she said the caskets were entombed, and they
we're sticking out because every black person since the cemetery was built has has been buried here (separate but equal, Jim crow), lots of my family members are
buried there and will be buried there. they're running out a room and I couldn't help feel your presence, of spirits, the history in the soil. I'm thinking white people had no
respect for our ancestors when they were living or dead. I was reading the comments and I notice no 1 asked what they were going to do with the grave sites.? I want to
know who were these children? why did they choose this school? was it all white teachers? can we DNA test something
Reply ·  · December 12 at 11:19am

Dan Lee ·  Top Commenter
This is simply astounding. And for those "tough on crime" types please keep in mind these were children. The Brutality and cruelty these young men suffered must have
been unbearable. My heart goes out to them and those who survived this barbaric treatment at the hands of those in power!
Reply ·  · December 11 at 3:35pm

Mazi Iheanyi Oji ·  Top Commenter
This is really applauding what a shame , many evil done still yet to unfold. Answers needed by those who headed this institute. Shame , where is humanity people , may
the dead discovered rest in peace.
Reply ·  · December 12 at 12:46pm

J Can U Diggit ·  Top Commenter · Detroit, Michigan
black people we need created our own government and get away from these wicked motherfuckers because believe me they will never change.
Reply ·  · December 12 at 2:53pm

Christian Haas Washington · North Lauderdale, Florida
HOPEFULLY THIS'LL BE A JOHN SINGLETON SCRIPT. ANOTHER SPIKE LEE JOINT. EMPHASIS ON ROSEWOOD. A "STATEBUSTER" MOVIE!
Reply ·  · December 12 at 5:47am

Nathan Shaw · Linwood College
Disgusting behaviour. We know who needs reforming.
Reply ·  · December 11 at 10:25pm
Facebook social plugin

33 Responses to Graves of Dozens of African-American Boys Among Those Found at Florida Reform School

SHIRLEY E. GRAYSONReply
December 11, 2012 at 6:54 pm
Of course it racial, anytime the color of ones skin is tthe 1st thing one sees and feels its alright to kill, mame, or do any thing without regards to human beings rights..is
racist. Black folk know this, and if you have been keeping up with Florida’s stand your ground LAW then there should be no question. Nothing will happen until a Black
person stand their ground……AND IT IS TIME FOR THAT.

Tom EggebeenReply
December 11, 2012 at 7:36 pm
Part of a tragic pattern that long prevailed in the South and other parts of the country as well, and, sadly, still exits – the invisibility of the poor, especially Black
Americans. Thanks for bringing this sad tale to light.

Harriett WaldenReply
December 11, 2012 at 9:49 pm
I grew in Florida,It has always been a State that was hard on the Negro, I grew up in segregation and hate. I am not surprise that a mass graved was found with Negroes
youth, I am sure there will be even more to come to light about Fla, dark past

Willian RodriguesReply
December 12, 2012 at 9:39 am
Where in the world is easy to be black?

Mark DunstonReply
December 12, 2012 at 4:02 am
obviously and as usual, what angers me the most is what surprises me the least – why it took the department of juvenile justice or anyone else for that matter, so long to
look into this.

willie gibbs jrReply
December 12, 2012 at 8:27 pm
i think the dept of juvenile justice knew they just sweep it under the rug.

willie gibbs jrReply
December 12, 2012 at 8:27 pm
i think the dept of juvenile justice knew they just sweep it under the rug.

SandraReply
December 13, 2012 at 5:23 am
This is really heartbreaking to hear about young people who never got the chance to live their lives, due in part to circumstances beyond their control. Afterall, they
were just children and should have been protected by all involved.

MichaelReply
December 13, 2012 at 10:49 am
This is why the Hon.Elijah Muh said we must separate. Separation is not the solution, its the Only solution. Integration has been and is the biggest trick played on us.
This enemy made our fathers here in America a docile people, and those that try to stand up we(black folks) sell them out and the enemy make examples of them.
We better listen and help Minister Farrakhan before its too late, because once God call him home, America will be destroyed and most of us because of apathy and
cowardice, envy and jealousy.
The Hon. Elijah Muh. said the preachers has been one of his main obstructionist and freeing the minds of our people to come out of spookville.
These graves opens up a lot of cans of worms and we as men have got to stand up and not demand, but comand justice and get our babies out of the enemy hands.
Pingback: Nearly 100 Unmarked Graves Of African American Boys Found At Florida Reform School | The Black Informant